BUSINESS TABLET WITH FULL PC EXPERIENCE.
This 8.3" multimode tablet features the best offerings from Lenovo, Microsoft, and Intel combined into one productive, mobile, secure device with faster graphics and three modes: Tablet, Desktop, and Tent.
The ThinkPad 8 is a practical tablet for professionals, weighing less than a pound and lasting up to eight hours on a single battery charge.
Enjoy the portability of tablet mode when you're on the go, or connect the ThinkPad 8 to an optional USB 3.0 dock or monitor to use it as a PC. To watch a video or run a slideshow, flip over the optional Quickshot Cover to enter Tent Mode.
Full HD (1920x1200) Display With IPS Technology
The vibrant 8.3" wide-view display yields 25-percent more viewing area than similar tablets in this size class, and uses In-Plane Switching (IPS) for vivid colors and nearly 180-degree viewing angles.
Full Windows 8 Ecosystem
Running touch-optimized Windows 8 apps as well as familiar desktop software (including Microsoft Office), the ThinkPad 8 is ready for work.
Convenient Sharing Apps
Easily share content wirelessly across multiple devices with Lenovo QuickCast 2.0 and stream presentations or HD video without cables with Lenovo QuickDisplay 2.0. Use Lenovo Reach to set up a personal cloud that securely delivers a consistent experience across all of your devices.
Ten-Finger Multitouch Technology
Seamlessly integrate with Windows 8 and enjoy more precise control.
Enterprise-Ready Security Features
Keep your data secure with features like TPM 2.0, Mobile Device Management, Workplace Join, and an auto-triggered VPN function when the user selects an app or function requiring access to corporate data.
Dual 1080p HD Cameras
2MP front-facing webcam for crystal-clear video conferencing, supported by dual digital array microphones with noise cancellation and VoIP optimization. 8MP rear-facing camera with auto-focus and -flash, and video recording.
Online Connectivity Options
With 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth® 4.0, and optional worldwide 3G/4G, you'll be able to connect to the internet wherever you go.
Optional Quickshot Cover
Keep your tablet covered, even when taking a photo. Simply flick back the corner flap to expose the lens, and Windows 8.1 camera app will open automatically. The magnetic closure also triggers and wakes the tablet from sleep mode.
The micro HDMI-out port allows easy connection to an HD television or other monitor.ThinkPad 8 Full HD IPS Display
- Tech Specs
ThinkPad 8Tech Specs
Description Thinkpad 8 Tablet ProcessorIntel® Atom™ Processor Z3770 (2MB Cache, up to 2.39GHz) Operating SystemWindows 8.1 32 Productivity SoftwareOffice Home & Student 2013 GraphicsIntel® HD Graphics Memory2 GB SDRAM, LPDDR3-1067 Webcam2.0MP - 720P with mute function Storage64GB eMMC Integrated Storage AudioHD audio w/WaveRT, DSP, MS LYNC certified BatteryUp to 8 hours Camera
- Front: 2 MP (HD1080p)
- Rear: 8MP (HD1080p) w/ Auto Focus and Flash
DisplayDirect Bonded 10 Finger Touch Screen Dimensions (W X D X H)132mm x 224.3mm x 8.8mm WIFI / WWAN802.11abgn, WIDi Support, 4G LTE, 3G HSPA Weight
- WIFI: ~430g (~0.95 lbs)
- WWAN: ~439g (~0.97 lbs)
I/O (Input / Output ports)
- 1 x USB 3.0 (1 with AOU)
- Micro HDMI 1.4a
- MicroSD Slot
- MicroSIM (Available on WWAN models only)
Specifications may vary
Offerings Description Preloaded Applications
- Lenovo Companion
- Lenovo Support
- Lenovo Tap to Display (QuickDisplay)
- Lenovo Tap to Share (QuickCast)
- Amazon Kindle
- Skitch Touch
- Norton Studio
- RaRA Streaming Music
- SinaSocial net
- Iqiyi (Video)
- Microsoft® Office (Trial only on Win8.1 Pro)
- Microsoft One Note
- Norton Internet Security 2014 with 30 days of virus protection (Ready to Install)
- Nitro Pro 8
- Lenovo Solution Center
- ThinkVantage System Update
- Accessories & Services
ThinkPad 8Accessories & Services
4-Way Privacy Filter
Keep prying eyes from seeing the contents of your display, whether in landscape or portrait mode. This film blocks the view from all four directions, but maintains high visual clarity and touchscreen functionality for the user. It’s also easy to apply and remove, and leaves no residue in its wake.
Three layers provide reliable, shock-absorbing protection, and the textured exterior gives the user an enhanced grip. This case is easy to put on and remove, and includes an integrated stand.
Be photo-ready with the flick of a finger. This case’s unique Quickshot flap exposes the lens and triggers the camera app. Lined with non-abrasive microfiber, the case is easy to install or remove, and includes a magnetic closure that triggers sleep mode when closed and awakens the tablet when opened.
This screen-protecting film allows for perfect usability when touching the capacitive screen while preventing scratches that commonly result from frequent use. Easily applied and removed, the film allows crystal-clear images when in use, and leaves no residue.
Protect Your ThinkPad Tablet With Lenovo Services
Why Lenovo Services?
- Comprehensive portfolio of award-winning services to support your PC throughout its lifecycle.
- Services performed by Lenovo-certified technicians using Lenovo-qualified parts. No one knows our machines like we do!
- Global delivery network and infrastructure delivering expertise where you need it most.
24/7 Access to Advanced Technicians
- Priority Technical Support makes your priority, our priority. 24x7 priority call routing to Lenovo’s advanced-level technicians, electronic incident tracking, and escalation management.
On-Site Convenience and Extended Protection
- Extended Warranties (up to 3 years) offer fixed term, fixed cost protection to help you accurately budget for PC device expenses.
- Warranty Upgrades/On-Site Service can maximize uptime and productivity with convenient, fast repair service at your place of business.
Drops or Spills? No Problem With Accidental Damage Protection
- Accidents happen, but it’s still possible to protect yourself from expensive, unexpected repairs. Lenovo provides coverage for damage incurred outside of warrantee under normal operating conditions, such as minor spills, drops, electrical surges, or damage to the integrated display.
- Battery Life
- Up to 8 hours
- Starting at 0.9 lbs (420 g)
- Stereo, with Sound Retrieval System (SRS)
- Dual digital array microphones with echo cancellation
- Micro USB 3.0, Micro SD, Micro HDMI, audio combo, SIM (WWAN models only)