How do I set up wireless printing from my Android tablet?
There are a few different ways to print from an Android tablet or phone. If you have a printer already set up, you can use Google Cloud Print to print from most mobile Android devices. The following instructions will take you through the process of setting up Google Cloud Print. Afterwards, you'll learn about some printer-specific and third-party apps to help enhance your printing experience.
Setting Up Google Cloud Print on Your Android Device
To begin, you'll need a desktop computer or notebook with the Google Chrome Web browser installed. You'll also need to install the "Cloud Print" app on your mobile device. It's best to use the computer to install Cloud Print on your tablet. The computer you use must already be hooked up to the printer you plan to add.
- On your computer, open Google Chrome. Make sure you're logged in to the same Chrome account on both your device and your computer.
- From the top right menu, select "Settings."
- Select "Show Advanced Settings."
- Scroll down until you see the Google Cloud Print heading. Underneath, click the button that says 'Sign in to Google Cloud Print."
- Sign in with your Google account. Remember to use the same account that you have on your Android device.
- Select which printers you'd like to be able to print to from your device.
- You're all set! From now on, when you use your Google account on any device, you'll be able to access that printer.
Setting Up Cloud-Equipped Printers
Many new printers come already equipped with Bluetooth or cloud capabilities. Top brands like HP, Lexmark and Epson sell printers that have a built-in connection to the cloud. To use these, you need to download the printer app onto your device. Each printer will have its own app and the installation process will vary between each device. Specific instructions will usually be included when you purchase the printer.
Some third-party apps can accomplish the same function as printer-specific apps, especially if both your printer and your device are Bluetooth-equipped. Among these apps are PrintBot, PrinterShare and PrinterOn. You'll have to make sure all your devices are compatible with these apps, but they are often a very useful option for users who need to find a way to print.
Shop Related Products
Ultrabook, Celeron, Celeron Inside, Core Inside, Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Atom, Intel Atom Inside, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Intel vPro, Itanium, Itanium Inside, Pentium, Pentium Inside, vPro Inside, Xeon, Xeon Phi, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.