New ThinkPad X1 Carbon Ultrabook
New 35.56cm (14) ThinkPad X1 Carbon starts at just 2.83 lbs, yet it's durable with carbon-fiber construction and packed with premium features like an Adaptive Keyboard that changes automatically with apps, RapidCharge battery technology, a patented cooling system, and a stunning ThinkPad ColorBurst Display.
New ThinkPad X1 Carbon UltrabookFeatures
Available With 10-Point Multitouch Screen
10-point multitouch screen improves accuracy, making touch-browsing and selecting more responsive and precise.
Liberating Controls: Voice & Hand Gestures
Give a multimedia presentation on the X1 Carbon without even touching the keyboard! Voice and 10 different hand gestures change the way you interact with your laptop.
Uncommonly Intuitive Adaptive Keyboard
The unique Adaptive Keyboard automatically changes the row of function keys depending on what application you're in. Less clutter, more function, and a streamlined keyboard that anticipates your needs.
ThinkPad ColorBurst Display (WQHD, 2560 x 1440) and antiglare screen mean text is crisper, images are brighter, and colors are truer. 300 nit with IPS for nearly 180-degrees of wide-screen viewing. Plus it's anti-smudge. Also available with HD+ (1600 x 900) display.
Practically Indestructible: Tested to Military Specifications
Constructed with satellite-grade carbon fiber, X1 Carbon is the toughest ThinkPad ever made. In fact, we perform eight separate military specification tests—all under extreme conditions with dust, vibration, heat, cold, altitude, water, and humidity—so you can laugh in the face of spills, drops, heat exposure, or anything else life throws your way.
Available with fingerprint reader, X1 Carbon lets you use biometrics for login, so the swipe of your finger becomes your password. Intel® security features and vPro options step up protection and enhance manageability when deploying upgrades. The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chip further encrypts your critical information.
Patently Cool: Revolutionary New Thermal Technology
Even with its ultrathin design, the new X1 Carbon stays cooler than ever. In fact, we re-engineered our patented fan blades—so X1 Carbon provides the same cool and quiet performance you expect from a ThinkPad.
Starting at just 2.83 lbs, the new X1 Carbon is the lightest 14" Ultrabook™ on the planet. And at just 17.72 mm thin, it's the thinnest ThinkPad ever.
Longer Battery Life
The new X1 Carbon delivers up to 9 hours of battery life on a single charge. And if you do run low, don't fret: with RapidCharge you get 80% battery restored in just under an hour.Uncommonly Intuitive Adaptive KeyboardStunning ThinkPad ColorBurst Display
- Tech Specs
New ThinkPad X1 Carbon UltrabookTech Specs
Description ThinkPad X1 Carbon Ultrabook™ Processor
- Intel® Core™ i7-4550U Processor (4M Cache, Up to 3.00 GHz)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4600U Processor (4M Cache, Up to 3.30 GHz)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Processor (3M Cache, Up to 2.60 GHz)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4300U Processor (3M Cache, Up to 2.90 GHz)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Processor (3M Cache, Up to 2.60 GHz)
Operating SystemWindows 8.1 Display
- 14.0" WQHD (2560x1440), 300nit, IPS, Touch is 260nit
- 14.0" HD+(1600x900) 260nit, TN, (10 finger touch on WQHD only)
- Intel® HD Graphics 5000, 8GB
- Intel® HD Graphics 4400, 4GB
Webcam1.3MP - 720P with mute function Memory
- 4GB DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz Memory
- 8GB DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz Memory
BatteryUp to 8.6 hours*
* Battery life based on simulation results and is an estimated average.
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- WQHD: 331.0 mm x 226.5 mm x 13.2 mm (Front)-19.42mm (Rear), (13.03" x 8.91" x 0.52"(Front)-0.76" (Rear)
- WQHD Touch: 331.0 mm x 227.1 mm x 13.9 mm (Front)-20.15mm (Rear), (13.03" x 8.94" x 0.55" (Front)-0.79" (Rear)
- HD+ : 331.0 mm x 226.8 mm x 13.6 mm Front-19.65mm (Rear), (13.03" x 8.92" x 0.53" (Front)-0.77" (Rear)
WeightStarting at 2.8 lbs WWANSierra Wireless 7355 – Gobi 5000, Ericsson HSPA+(N5321) WLAN
- Intel® Centrino® 7260 (Wilkins Peak 2 AC) 2x2 AC+Bluetooth 4.0
- Intel® Centrino® 7260 (Wilkins Peak 2) 2x2 AGN+Bluetooth 4.0
- Intel 7260BN (2x2 BGN) and Bluetooth 4.0
Keyboard5-row with Trackpoint (Island style, Under mount) plus Adaptive backlit Keyboard keys I/O (Input / Output) Ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 (1 with AOU)
- Audio/Mic Combo OneLink Dock
- SSD M.2 2280
- 256GB eDrive
- 512GB Intel®
- 240GB SSD
- 180GB SSD
EthernetNative RJ45 using Ethernet Connector or USB emulation Bluetooth®Bluetooth 4.0 supported by WLAN module NavigationTrackPoint® and 5 Button trackpad with Glass surface (70 mm x 100 mm) Audio
- Dolby® Home Theater® v4 with
- Digital Dual Array microphone certified for
- Microsoft Lync
Specifications may vary
Offerings Description Lenovo Developed Apps
- Lenovo Companion
- Lenovo Settings
- Lenovo Support
- Accessories & Services
New ThinkPad X1 Carbon UltrabookAccessories & Services
ThinkPad OneLink Pro Dock (4X10E52935)
Plug in a single cable to power your work space. With 11 ports, the ThinkPad OneLink Pro streamlines how you dock and connect. 4x USB 3.0 (one with always-on charging); 2x USB 2.0; DP, DVI-I; Gigabit Ethernet; Stereo/Mic Combo Port; cable lock slot; 90W AC Adapter; 3-year warranty. Available in multiple colors. One link, zero hassle.
Lenovo 65W DC Travel Adapter (0B47481)
Get power when and where you need it with a Lenovo 65W DC Travel adapter. Ideal for mobile users and travelers. With CLA and Empower adapter for auto and air use, this versatile solution can meet almost all of your mobile power needs. Equipped with a fixed “slim tip” specifically for ThinkPad systems. Lenovo power adapters are compact, energy efficient, and backed by a 1-year warranty.
ThinkPad Noise-Cancelling Earbuds (0B47313)
The ThinkPad Noise Cancelling Earbuds eliminate 92% of ambient background noise through the use of active noise-cancelling circuitry contained in a battery operated compartment. Specifically optimized for office environments, autos, trains, and aircrafts, these ergonomically designed earbuds provide a secure fit that further isolates noise for a quality listening experience.
ThinkPad Ultralight Backpack (0B47306)
The ThinkPad Ultralight backpack and is strong inside and out with military-grade materials such as Carbon Fiber Rods and Kevlar Blend for extreme durability without the added weight. It features a built-in compartment to protect both a system and a tablet plus added storage for whatever is needed to get through your work day. Front Panels: Kevlar blended with polyester. Side Panels: Ripstop on side resistant to tearing and ripping. Back: EVA Foam for protection and comfort. Workstation to hold pens/cards/phones and other small accessories.
Protect Your ThinkPad Laptop With Lenovo Services
Why Lenovo Services?
- Comprehensive portfolio of award-winning services to support your PC throughout its lifecycle.
- Services performed by Lenovo-certified technicians using Lenovo-qualified parts. No one knows our machines like we do!
- Global delivery network and infrastructure delivering expertise where you need it most.
24/7 Access to Advanced Technicians
- Priority Technical Support makes your priority, our priority. 24x7 priority call routing to Lenovo’s advanced-level technicians, electronic incident tracking, and escalation management.
On-Site Convenience and Extended Protection
- Extended Warranties (up to 5 years) offer fixed term, fixed cost protection to help you accurately budget for PC expenses.
- Warranty Upgrades/On-Site Service can maximize uptime and productivity with convenient, fast repair service at your place of business.
Learn more about International Warranty Services.
Drops or Spills? No Problem With Accidental Damage Protection
- Accidents happen, but it’s still possible to protect yourself from expensive, unexpected repairs. Lenovo provides coverage for damage incurred outside of warrantee under normal operating conditions, such as minor spills, drops, electrical surges, or damage to the integrated display.
Ultimate Data Security
- Keep Your Drive allows you to retain possession of your drive and data for maximum security and protection. (Not available in all regions.)
- Battery Life
- Up to 9 hours with integrated 8-cell RapidCharge battery (45Whr)
- Starting at 2.83 lbs.
- Dual speakers with Dolby® Home Theater®
- Dual noise-canceling HD microphones
- Mini DisplayPort, HDMI, Audio combo: headphone/mic, 2 USB 3.0, OneLink technology, Micro SIM